Thursday, October 31, 2013

And you may ask yourself, where does that highway go?

What is more important – logic and planning or feeling? I always thought I valued logic over feeling. One should base their decisions on careful thoughts and shouldn’t act on gut feelings, instincts or emotions, right?

However, I’ve realized that all my decision making and planning has been due to feelings anyway. Through introspection I’ve decided to take necessary courses of action. Is this not the same as simply acting upon feelings and emotions? Would my life be any different if I acted more impulsively or would I end up with the same results?

As I sit here and type this I ask myself what I’m currently doing with my life. I’m happy to be here and I have a lot to be thankful for, but I believe that there is a greater purpose for me out there; I can feel it. How do I figure out what that purpose is and how do I get there?

My feelings and emotions tell me that sitting here at this desk is not the answer, but my logical side tells me I should be happy because I do have a job, and many people are less fortunate.

I’m fearful of becoming complacent. This is not what I want or see in my future. This is never what I saw in my future. It may sound cliché but who am I and what have I become? Perhaps my choices don’t always have to be so judicious. I need to be more welcoming of feelings, emotions, and love if I want to find my deeper meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment